christmas gift guide: for the cook
I can't believe it's already December! We all know someone who spends all their free time in the kitchen, so I gathered some beautiful items any cook or sous chef would want, me included.
I'm no lazy gifter, but because I'm away for the next two weeks on a pre Christmas holiday island escape (more on that later), and I now I have a 4 month old son called Jack, I had to be seriously savvy about my shopping. Traipsing around looking for something for all the food-lovers in my life is not to be done in the week before Christmas, and the bottles of preserved lemons I made a while back are not going to be all I give this year (more on that later, too). So I made a quick trip to one spot and did all my shopping in a single clever swoop.
At Macquarie Centre there's a David Jones, a Gorman, there's a Myer and Country Road, and I ducked into Aje, Alice McCall and Zimmerman for more sartorial essentials. I found a book I've been coveting a while at Dymocks, the amazing fermenting, pickling guide by Matt Stone... which is how the fermented chilli I'm giving some friends has come about. I zipped into the valet parking (umm.. only $10) and little Jack and I made short work of Christmas presents this year. What a team.
Slight spoiler alert to my food obsessed friends and family... but this is what we picked up at Macquarie Centre. Now all I need to source is a ham, a turkey, a Christmas tree... and to deck the house with stockings and a little Spring clean and oh yes, check on that plum pudding.... What a delicious Christmas it's set up to be!
- Breville Jaffle Maker, David Jones, $99.99
- Laguiole Steak Knives (six), David Jones, $169
- La Banane Fabric Purse, Gorman, $39
- Sunnylife Watermelon Coasters, Myer, $24.95
- Pineapple Glass Markers, Myer, $14.95
- Joseph Joseph Nest Measures, Myer, $29.95
- Le Creuset Round Casserole, David Jones, $399
- Ira Tray, Country Road, $99.95
- Orla Large Marble Bowl, Country Road, $129
- The Natural Cook by Matt Stone, Dymocks, $39.99
This post has been put together in collaboration with Sydney's Macquarie Centre.