panna cotta berry trifles
- 300g raspberries
- 150g sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi)
- 125g amaretti biscuits
- 300g blueberries
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 4 gold strength gelatin leaves
- 550ml buttermilk
- 300ml cream
- 100g sugar
- grated rind 1 lemon
- For the pannacotta, soak gelatin in cold water 5 minutes until softened. Pour buttermilk into a mixing bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan over a medium heat combine sugar, cream and lemon zest until sugar dissolves. Add the gelatin to the saucepan and stir until dissolved. Strain mixture into buttermilk to make 1 litre mixture, divide between 8 tall clear glasses, then let sit in the fridge 4 hours or overnight.
- Place one layer of raspberries on the set pannacotta. Divide half the sponge fingers between the glasses on top of the raspberries, breaking them to fit. Sprinkle with the crushed amaretti. Drizzle over half the brandy. Scatter over half the remaining raspberries and half the blueberries. Top with the remaining sponge fingers, then drizzle over remaining brandy. Set aside 30 minutes.
- To serve, whip the cream with the vanilla extract. Scatter a few berries into the glasses, spoon over the cream, letting it drip down into the berries. Top with remaining raspberries and blueberries and Persian fairy floss.
Recipe produced for Electrolux. Photography Nikki To. Food prep Tina McLeish. Styling and recipe by Kate Gibbs.